Tactile Innovation: Turntablist/MultiMedia Artist Kid Koala on the music of Emily Wells
Turntablist, performer, composer and self-proclaimed “purveyor of silliness” Kid Koala is known for legendary innovations in scratch turntable playing and his broad range of multimedia works including graphic novels, puppet shows, vaudeville acts and much more. In this episode of Liquid Music Playlist, Kid Koala discusses his fascination with the music of Emily Wells, a similarly diverse vocalist, instrumentalist, and producer based in New York.
1. Kid Koala: "Drunk Trumpet" from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
2. Kid Koala: "Overture" from Nufonia Must Fall; Cecilia String Quartet
3. Emily Wells: "Los Angeles" from Promise
4. Emily Wells: "Passenger" from Mama
5. Emily Wells: "Passenger (Kid Koala remix)"
FOLLOW LIQUID MUSIC FOR UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Twitter: @LiquidMusicSPCO (twitter.com/LiquidMusicSPCO)
Instagram: @LiquidMusicSeries (instagram.com/liquidmusicseries)
FOLLOW KID KOALA
Twitter: @Kidkoala (https://twitter.com/kidkoala)
FOLLOW EMILY WELLS
Twitter: @emilywellsmusic (https://twitter.com/emilywellsmusic)